Monday, January 24, 2011

Back Home: Sunday...Lazy Day/Dinner and a Movie

After not having the internet or our computers for nearly 5 whole days, we all had much to catch up on in terms of blogging, picture uploading, and talking to our friends and loved ones.  The first part of the day was spent sleeping in, eating breakfast in our pjs, and lounging around the hotel with our computers.  At one point, we all put on black (to signify our sadness) and took a group picture with Steve (our professor's husband) as he had to leave that day to go back to work in the US.

At about 1:30 pm, we were picked up by Shane and taken to the local mall where we enjoyed an afternoon movie for N$49 (about $7 American) and an early dinner at the Cattle Baron restaurant.  The movie was hilarious and well worth our time and money.  The dinner was pretty good too.  I ordered a shrimp basket which was described in the menu to be deep fried prawns.  Silly me thought I was ordering the traditional American buttered and battered shrimp that you dip in cocktail sauce and enjoy the crunchy outside and delicious seafood inside.  Little did I know that Namibia had a totally different idea of what this meal meant.  I'll let the pictures and their captions explain the situation, but just so that you all know, I ate every that was edible in that basket :)


The shrimp basket I ordered


The eyes smiling at me

No comments:

Post a Comment