Monday, February 21, 2011

The Love of A Child

There's nothing like the unconditional love of a child.  A small being that looks to you for guidance and wisdom and offers you love with no view of your faults.  One who only loves to give you hugs and ask you how you are doing.  One who greets you each day as if it's been weeks since they saw you.  Oh the joyous look of a sweet smile on child's face as they proclaim their love for you.

This little poetic thought of mine is about all of the children here, but one in particular prompts me to write it this day.  Ann-Lee, my sweet little grade 6 learner who loves me for no reason I know.  She wrote me a note today that brought tears to my eyes.

It's addressed as:
To Miss Veronica Mommy
From Ann-Lee Daughter

Dear Miss Veronica,
I just want to say sorry for not saying happy valentine's days to you but happy valentine's and thanks for the bars you gave me and the days we spend together and do you know how much I love you.  From the bottom of my heart like you are my mother, but still you are my mommy as long as we live.  Since the day you came I knew that you are a good person.  I appreciate the love you gave me and in your presence I feel good and I think I will cry the day you go back because I really don't want you to go back but I really love you miss and the day we had a picture I feeled good because I was in your arms and even if you go back just know that I love you.  All the best and do not forget my pictures.
From Ann-Lee your favorite learner


Sweet Ann-Lee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment